Dr. mENGELeS'S Notorious experiments
In May 1943 Josef Mengele entered Auschwitz as an educated,experienced,medical researcher. Mengele's handsome physical appearance, and calm demeanor contradicted his attraction to murder , and gruesome experiments.
To investigate the most effective means of treating people who had been severely chilled or frozen. The victims were forced to remain in a tank of ice water for up to 3 hours. Numerous victims died in the course of these experiments. After the survivors were severely chilled, rewarming was attempted by various means. In another series of experiments, the victims were kept naked outdoors for many hours at temperatures below freezing. The victims screamed with pain as their bodies froze.
To investigate the effectiveness of sulfanilamide. Wounds on the victims were infected with bacteria such as streptococcus, gas gangrene, and tetanus. Circulation of blood was interrupted by tying off blood vessels at both ends of the wound to create a condition similar to that of a battlefield wound. Infection was aggravated by forcing wood shavings and ground glass into the wounds. The infection was treated with sulfanilamide and other drugs to determine their effectiveness. Many victims died as a result of these experiments and others suffered serious injury and intense agony.
High-Altitude Experiments-To investigate the limits of human endurance and existence at extremely high altitudes. The patients were placed in a low pressure chamber then the altitude in there was raised. The result of this was many victims died, and the ones that survived suffered greatly.
Internal irrigation experiments
The frozen victim would have water heated to a near blistering temperature forcefully irrigated into the stomach, bladder, and intestines. All victims appeared to have died from the treatment.
experiments with poison
To investigate the effect of various poisons upon human beings. The poisons were secretly put in the food of the victims. The victims died as a result of the poison or were killed immediately in order to permit autopsies. In September 1944 the victims were shot with poison bullets and suffered torture and death.
the ovitz family
- The Ovitz family were Transylvanian Jews. The majority of the children inherited his dwarfism. At Auschwitz the family was subjected to inhumane experiements. Here are some of dreadful things he did to this family.
- The gynecological experimentation- He tied the woman to a table and injected different things into their uterous , extracted blood , dug into them , pierced them and removed many samples.
- He did painful tests to the brain, nose, mouth, and hand regions.
- Mengele's physicans also painfully extracted bones and pulled out teeth to find signs of hereditary diseases.
- All the experiments were documented for the sake of future generations.
- The family was liberated by soviet troops(not all survived)
- The family endured 7 months under Dr. Menegele.